Cycle Capital, Canada’s leading cleantech Venture Capital investment platform is recruiting! We are currently seeking a communications professional to join the team as Communications Project Lead. The candidate is bilingual (written and spoken French and English) with experience in development and execution of comprehensive communication strategies, event-planning and a good understanding of social medias. The Communications Project Lead will work closely with the firm’s Vice President Sustainability, Investor Relations and Public Affairs as well as Cycle Capital’s management team and the Ecofuel Accelerator team.
Reporting directly to the Vice President Sustainability, Investor Relations and Public Affairs, the Communications Project Lead is responsible for the development and implementation of communications strategies to enable the realization of organizational objectives that are aligned with the mission and values of the firm and the accelerator.
- Develop and implement specific communications plans to support diverse internal and external activities of the firm and the accelerator;
- Ensure the evolution and updates of websites and social media channels: e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter;
- Design, direct, and diffuse a broad set of communications tools: e.g., annual report, presentations, press releases, etc.;
- Plan, organize and manage events and activities;
- Manage budgets for promotional and communications activities, as well as special events.
- Coordinate communication activities and support team members with public appearances (draft notes, speeches, etc.)
- Support the Vice President Sustainability, Investor Relations and Public Affairs with regards to communications with media and keep the media list updated;
- Support portfolio companies and accelerated companies in terms of communications
- Support the Vice President Sustainability, Investor Relations and Public Affairs with ecosystem representation
- Bachelor of communications, marketing, public relations or equivalent;
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of communications;
- Perfect mastery of written and spoken French and English;
- Ability to adapt and manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects;
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver against tight timelines;
- Understanding of the investment industry (ideal, but not required);
- Experience with Microsoft Office and WordPress;
- Knowledge and experience with social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook
- Excellent capacity, both written and oral, to express ideas clearly and efficiently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse set of profiles, both internally and externally.
- Initiative and creativity, and ability to solve complex, multi-faceted problems.
- Salary: $50-60k, depending on experience
- Montreal-based, with occasional travel
Please send your curriculum vitae by email before February 15 th to
Please note that the applications will be kept confidential and that the ones that are best suited to the requirements will be contacted.